Clam stew with broccoli
On this occasion, Noelia, blogger and author of La Cucharina Mágica , offers us a stew of clams with broccoli, a stew rich in flavor and color, healthy and that makes our mouths water just by looking at the photos. I definitely encourage you to try it!
Light and healthy diet dishes sound boring, tasteless and unattractive. However, with a little imagination we can make truly delicious dishes, with few calories and that satisfy hunger as if it were a plate of bean stew itself, well, maybe not so much...
I love the combination of seafood with vegetables or legumes! It is a classic in my house since the fruits of the sea provide all the flavor of traditional stews, those made in cocotte over low heat, without the caloric intake of animal fat.
This clam and broccoli stew is a delicious dish, which can be used both for a family meal and for the tupperware of the week. It's made fast, doesn't need fancy ingredients, and tastes like 5 forks. All this with the contribution of vitamins and proteins that the clams and broccoli will provide us, in exchange for very few calories.
Go for the recipe!
Ingredients for 4 people
For the stew:
1kg of clams
1 bunch of broccoli or broccoli
1/2 red bell pepper
1 clove garlic
3 sprigs of parsley
100 ml of white wine
1 teaspoon of Vera paprika
Salt and pepper
For the fish broth:
2 cloves of garlic
1 fish head
1 pinch of salt
1. Chop 1/2 onion and 2 garlic cloves into large pieces and fry them with a little olive oil in a pot.
2. Add the fish head, stir for 1 minute and add 1 liter of water and a pinch of salt.
3. Let it boil over high heat for 30 minutes. Strain the broth and bring it back to a simmer until we use it for the stew. It will reduce and take on more flavor.
4. Chop 1/2 onion, 1 clove of garlic and 1/2 red pepper into very small pieces, put them in another pot and fry them with a jet of olive oil (I used a low pan type cocotte ). Let it poach and when it's ready, add the paprika, stir for a few seconds and add the peeled potatoes cut into large pieces.
5. Pour the wine and let it reduce over high heat for 1 minute. Add the fish broth and cook the potatoes over low heat for 5 minutes.
6. Add the broccoli to the potatoes and cook another 10 minutes.
7. Finally add the clams and cover the pot for 2 or 3 minutes until they open.
8. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
9. We serve with parsley.
- To wash the clams, rub them together under tap water and put them in a container with water and salt for 1 hour.
- For the broth to thicken a little when cutting the potatoes, we tear them so that they release starch.
- You can replace the clams with prawns and make the broth with their heads.
- If a clam does not open, do not try to open it and discard it.
A por ella, Lola! :) Un saludo y ya nos contarás!
Hola MAria, muchas gracias por tu mensaje. Debo decirte que Noelia es asturiana también y especialista en la cocina local. Me alegro que haya resultado tan bien! Saludos!
Muchas gracias, Lidia! Me alegra mucho que te haya gustado y, sobretodo, que te animes a hacerla! Un saludo, y ya nos contarás!
Lidia Edith Lagares Sanchez said:
Me parece una receta sencilla, practica y sabrosa. Voy a hacerla mañana.Gracias
descubri el blog y me parece bien
Me parece una propuesta muy rica y encima me parece genial que tenga pocas calorías.
Qué buena idea me encanta!!