easy gluten free bundt cake
Many times we warm our heads to get a simple cake , without many ingredients, easy and without complications; We do not realize that, in reality, it does not take that much to get a cake of 10 with less than 3 or 4 ingredients. Things get a little more complicated when, in addition to all of the above, we need to make a gluten-free cake . Either because of our need or because we do not discriminate against someone in our environment that we know in advance, that otherwise, the poor thing, will be left with nothing to put in their mouths.
A very easy option is to use cornstarch (cornstarch) to make said cake, it is a very simple option that can get us out of any trouble. Who doesn't have a packet of cornstarch in the back of the cupboard?
To make this sponge cake you only need basic ingredients that we all have at home and the only trick you need to make it super fluffy is to sift the cornstarch 3 times; neither one more nor one less: 3 times.
If you want it to have a spectacular aroma and flavor, I advise you to add tangerine zest or the citrus of your choice, and once you unmold the bundt, —which by the way, this recipe unmolds impressively well; what am I saying right: perfect unmold! -, it will give off an amazing aroma.
Don't tell me it's not spectacular, this simple 4-ingredient sponge cake, in the impressive Nordic Ware Kugelhopf pan.
KitchenAid Artisan5KSM185 food processor , aluminum mold Kugelhopf Bundt Nordic Ware
- 6 L egg whites
- 6 L egg yolks
- 250 g cornstarch flour (cornstarch)
- 220g icing sugar
- 1 sachet of Royal chemical yeast (15 g)
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- Tangerine zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180º C heat up and down with the rack in the center. Grease the bundt pan (I used the Kugelhopf pan ) and sprinkle lightly with flour. We remove the excess and reserve.
- Sift the cornstarch (cornstarch) 3 times along with the chemical yeast. This step is very important, do not skip it.
- In a very clean KitchenAid bowl , whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. We check that they are well assembled by turning the bowl over, if they remain and do not fall they will be perfect.
- In the other, larger KitchenAid bowl, beat the yolks with the sugar until they whiten and double in size. It should be a smooth, whitish mixture. Add the cornstarch (cornstarch) and continue beating with the shovel accessory. At this point the mixture will be very dense, so we are going to add a little whipped egg white to lighten the mixture. When it is looser, we incorporate the rest of the egg whites twice and mix at very low speed until incorporated. At this point, we can add the zest if desired.
- When the mixture is completely homogeneous, we pour it into the bundt mold that we have reserved. Bake for about 30 minutes without opening the oven at any time.
- We check that the cake has been cooked by inserting a skewer, if it comes out clean it will be perfect. Let the cake rest for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Unmold carefully not to burn and let cool before sprinkling with icing sugar.
KitchenAid Artisan5KSM185 food processor , Kugelhopf Bundt Nordic Ware aluminum pan , Pallarès carbon steel kitchen knife with boxwood handle
Hola!, quería hacer esta receta que tiene una pinta fantástica pero el molde de nordic lo tengo en mi otra vivienda y no dispongo de él.., se puede hacer con otro tipo de molde?, cristal, cerámica o barro.., desechable de aluminio..?muchas gracias y ánimo a tod@s!!!
Gracias por la receta, de verdad muy rica. Creo que se podría añadir que también la harina pera espolvorear el molde tiene que ser sin gluten, de lo contrario, un celiaco no podría ni probarlo.
Buen día. Saldrá todo bien!!