Halloween Cupcakes: Chocolate Peanut Spiders
With these creepy chocolate spiders, beyond preparing a Halloween recipe, you are going to prepare some delicious chocolate and peanut biscuits .
What do we bring today? Delicious mini-cocotte biscuits : they have a spongy chocolate body, covered in crunchy peanut butter (which you can substitute with caramel or chocolate cream if you prefer) and, to finish them off in a Halloween way, delicious pretzel legs . Ideal for a children's party or a fun birthday breakfast!
- 120g unsalted butter, plus a little more to grease the mini-cocottes
- 120g unrefined cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g of pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 60g peanut butter* with chopped peanuts
- 1 tbsp milk
- 300g chocolate spread
- 5 muffins or chocolate and peanut pralines
- 10 edible eyes
- 20 mini pretzels
Le Creuset ceramic mini cocottes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a bowl, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, add the sifted flour, followed by the yeast and cocoa powder (since you need several bowls, the WMF bowl set comes in handy).
- When the sugar and butter mixture is light and fluffy, crack one of the eggs and add a tablespoon of the flour mixture. Beat until the egg is well incorporated. Repeat the operation with the second egg.
- Once the two eggs have been added, pour in the rest of the flour along with the peanut butter and milk. Beat until you get a smooth and dense dough.
- Take five Le Creuset mini cocottes and grease them with some butter. Spread the dough on them and put them on a tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until they are well done. Take them out of the oven and let cool.
- To decorate, spread the chocolate spread between the cupcakes and spread evenly across the tops using a spatula. Glue one of the chocolate-peanut cupcakes to the center of each cupcake, then glue on two edible eyes using the chocolate spread as glue.
- Using pretzel pieces, add eight legs (four on each side) to the body of the spider, and they're ready to serve.
- *You may be a super fan of peanut butter or it is definitely not your thing. If it is this second case, or if you simply want to make a variation to the recipe, you can make these caramel cream biscuits. How delicious they are combined with the chocolate coverage! They are also a real vice with Havana dulce de leche . Have you seen the ones we have in the Pantry section of our store?
- The cupcakes can be easily removed from the mini cocottes ; if you want to make lots of spider cupcakes, but don't have enough mini cocottes, just bake them, unmold when cool to the touch, wash and re-grease. You can then use them to re-bake any remaining cupcakes.