Meatballs in carrot sauce
I would say that meatballs are not in fashion like they used to be; Perhaps they seem too laborious in these times of immediacy, but these meatballs in carrot sauce , in addition to being succulent, are made in a moment if you get the whole family to help. And also forming the meat bowls will give you the zen moment of the week. I swear to Snoopy.
The meatballs are one of many inventions to take advantage of leftovers, it must be said, that it is not necessary to prepare them with beef tenderloin, that with less noble meats they are feten and you can put bits of sausage in them, without going any further. Like all stews, they can be made in large quantities, as you put them, and frozen for a rainy day as the Anglo-Saxons say. That it is fashionable to cook one day for the whole week. And no, I am not going to pronounce the name of this activity in English. It's what my grandmother used to do, cook for the week, look how modern she was.
The recipe is from Martín Berasategui , a guarantee of quality. It requires the use of a good meat broth; if you use it homemade, better than better. And if it's a concentrated fund, I won't even tell you.
Revol porcelain round plates and stainless steel spoon De Buyer
For the meatballs:
- 100g onion
- 100g leek
- 40 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 750 g minced beef
- 250 g of chopped Iberian pork needle
- 20g egg yolk
- 50g whole egg
- 1 tsp. dried garlic or garlic salt
- A few sprigs of chopped parsley
- 1 slice of bread without crust, dipped in a little milk
- Flour for batter
- Salt and pepper
For the carrot sauce:
- 2 chopped onions
- 20 g of crushed garlic
- 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g carrot, diced
- 500 ml of sweet white wine (muscat, white port, etc.)
- Meat broth, the one that admits
Revol Porcelain Round Plates Y De Buyer stainless steel spoon
- We put the bread in the milk to soak it.
- Finely chop the onion and leek. Sauté in olive oil until translucent. We drain them from the oil.
- Put all the meatball dough ingredients with the sauce in a salad bowl and mix well to form a soft but consistent dough.
- Form balls the size of a walnut, roll in flour and fry in olive oil until golden brown on the outside. We booked.
- For the sauce, chop the onion. We can pass it through the microwave to remove the vegetation water, for at least 10 minutes at maximum power until it begins to be transparent. We put it in a frying pan with the bottom covered in olive oil and finish poaching it.
- Add the mashed garlic, give it a few turns and add the chopped carrot and white wine. We evaporate all the wine.
- Add the broth and cook half an hour or whatever is necessary for the carrots to be tender. Crush with a blender to obtain a more or less fine sauce. We salt to taste.
- We put the meatballs together with the sauce and give them a last 10 minutes of boiling. It is advisable to let the stew rest until the next day so that the flavors settle.
The mixture of the sweet wine with the sweetness of the carrots gives a wonderful point to the sauce of these meatballs. To dip bread without stopping.
1 huevo L (el mío pesaba 52g) y una yema de huevo L (20g clavados).
Podéis dar una equivalencia en unidades en en vez de gramos para los huevos ?? Gracias